What is the benefit?
- OnePath will contribute up to $300 for a pre-approved appointment to a maximum of $1000 across all policies per policy year, for a life event or multiple life events. The maximum benefit is $1000 in total for all eligible people per policy year.
- If you have received grief counselling as part of the OnePath Grief Support Benefit, the value used will be included in your $1000 client benefit allocation for that year.
- The yearly $1000 client benefit allocation will begin each year on your policy anniversary date. If you have multiple policies, it will begin from the anniversary date of your first OnePath policy.
What is a life event?
- Life event is defined as an experience that disrupts an individual’s usual activities causing a substantial change and adjustment. This includes but is not limited to: marriage, divorce, serious illness or injury, changing or losing a job, birth, being a victim of a criminal act, and natural disasters.
- OnePath may require you to provide evidence of a life event upon request.
- The benefits are available to the policy owner, life assured and dependent children.
A dependent child is aged 16 and under (or up to 21 years old if in full time education and financially dependent on the policy owner or life assured).
- The benefit must be received and claimed within 13 months of the life event occurring.
- A referral from a medical practitioner is required to be eligible for the fitness and nutrition benefits.
- You must have an in force OnePath insurance policy to be eligible for a client benefit (“benefit”).
- Your OnePath policy must have been in force for a minimum of 90 days and your policy must not be in arrears.
How do I use the service?
- talk to your adviser
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call us on 0508 464 999
- complete the form below
Health or service provider criteria
- The provider must be a registered practitioner, approved by OnePath and based in New Zealand.
Approval and invoicing
- The service must be approved by OnePath before the benefit is carried out to/on the policy owner, life assured or dependent child.
- Once pre-approval is provided to the policy owner, life assured or dependent child, it is the responsibility of the policy owner or life assured to make an appointment and provide OnePath the invoice.
- The policy owner and/or life assured must produce a GST receipt for the appointment in order for the claim to be paid by OnePath. Please ensure invoice is made out to OnePath Life (NZ) Limited with a reference to the claimant’s name, policy number and condition.
- Benefits are approved at OnePath’s discretion.
- OnePath reserves the right to change, remove or add benefits without notice.
- OnePath will not pay the invoice if the policy owner, life assured or dependent child missed an appointment or does not cancel within the provider’s required timeframe and is therefore charged a fee.
- All benefit claims are confidential.
- OnePath Life (NZ) Limited will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the services offered by the providers of these benefits or accepting or using any advice or service by any recipient, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.